Work for KFAR
KFAR’s present budget does not allow for ANY paid staff members, including its Director. These positions are a great stepping stone for when we do, though, and can be great in establishing or redirecting your career. Plus, you get free event tickets to each of our programs! To apply, send a brief note and your resume here.
All of the positions described below are extremely part time and are strictly volunteer in nature. Enthusiasm and passion for the arts and Jewish culture a must. KFAR’s present budget does not allow for ANY paid staff members, including its Director. These positions are a great stepping stone for when we do, though, and can be great in establishing or redirecting your career. Plus, you get free event tickets to each of our programs! To apply, send a brief note and your resume here.
This position is responsible for indentifying and initializing contact with prospective donors to solicit contributions. Requirement: 1 hour a week. Development or Campaign experience helpful, as are excellent verbal communication skills and sparking personality. To apply, send a brief note and your resume here.
Manages foundation relations, tracking of grant cycles and the timely preparation and submision submit all funding proposals. Requirement: 1 hours a week. Development or Grant writing experience and familiarity with local and national foundations essential.
Maintains and develops KFAR’s relationships with online, print and broadcast press outlets to maximize exposure of the organization, its initiatives, programs and events. Responsibilities also include story development, execution of media alerts and press packet mailings and pitch calls to secure story placement. Requirements: 1-2 hours a week, excellent written and verbal skills and media experience. To apply, send a brief note and your resume here.
This role is a combination of social director and leadership development, responsible for channeling social capital to:
- Groom future lay leadership and establish an Associates Board,
- Extend the reach and impact of our programs.
- Identify and recruit key influencers and champions in social networks
- Ensure the application of social capital toward KFAR programs
- Solicit Associate board attendance and incent group outings to KFAR events
- Periodic “Check in” Calls to YAB members- sort of a social director.
- Requirements: 1-2 hours a week, GREAT social skills, an outgoing and friendly personality, basic leadership abilities, ethusiasm and passion for Jewish culture. You can work from home. To apply, send a brief note and your resume here.
Institutional Relations Manager
This individual oversees and manages KFAR’s initiatives in communities and at synagogues, specifically:
- Develops congregational level clubs to make inroads for audience development
- Work with clergy and professional staff to indentify members and program areas
- Establishes and achieve community based programming in congress with institutions.
- Develop materials to solicitic congregation and lay leadership participaiton.
- Facilitate local programming for each group (outings, readings, cafes, lectures)
- Sell in and facilitate SHIRIM concerts
- Maintains contact with clergy, encourages participation in Clergy Advisory Board
- Requirements: 2-3 hours a week, GREAT social skills, an outgoing and friendly personality, basic leadership abilities, ethusiasm and passion for Jewish culture. You can work from home.
This individual handles our most important assett: our people. The Volunteer Coordinator must be personable, organized and have great people skills. This individual will:
- Interact with volunteers and others indicating interest in assisting the KFAR.
- Assess skills and interest for “placement” in the appropriate role.
- Lead volunteer introduction and KFAR overview session prior to KFAR events.
- Maintain and update volunteer database for the organization.
- Fill event production roles and tasks from among volunteer pool.
- Work with the Community Relations Manager to identify leaders for elevation and further involvement.
- Requirements: Approximately 3 hours a month.
This crucial position manages talent relations and logistics in advance of and during programs. The Talent Wrangler handles all travel and accomodation logistics, as well as hospitality, green room and VIP Receptions. Time Requirement: Minimal- 3 hours a month.
Get college credit for helping Jewish culture! Learn the ins and outs of KFAR and get hands-on experience with an exciting and entrepreneurial arts organization. A great opportunity for someone looking to explore arts management, artist relations, booking, marketing or programming experience. Non-paying. Minimum of 15 hours a week. Free coffee and concert tickets! To learn more, click here.
Members of our KFAR Street Team help us get the word out:
- Spread the word about KFAR events to your friends
- Forward KFAR newsletters to your address book
- Put up Event Posters in local business, boards and in visible spots
- Hand out KFAR flyers at local events
- Send Myspace / Friendster bulletins
If you can help us do this, it would be great! Join the Street Team.
- Legal Counsel
- Street Team Leader
- Fundraiser Event Coordinator
- Social networking guru